We like to keep it simple at Recess Cleveland when it comes to football. Our game is more like street-ball: formal rules and positions don’t apply, but we ask that you refrain for highlight-reel-style hits.
- Every team needs a quarterback, a few receivers, a line, and a referee who is also a big fan of the team.
- End zones are set up at each end of the playing field. The goal is to get the ball into the end zone by running or passing it to a receiver. The line’s job is to keep the other team’s players from getting to the quarterback and/or the ball.
- Each play starts with the snap of the ball from a line-person to the quarterback who then has to pass the ball, give it to another player to run with, or run with it themselves.
- Each team gets four tries to get the ball ten yards down the field. If a team fails to get ten yards, the ball goes back to the other team. If the team makes the ten yards, they get a new set of ten yards and four new tries until they have to give the ball back to the other team or they score in the end zone.
- There is no instant replay, no Lady Gaga half-time show, no water boys, no deflated pigskins and no pumped-in audience noise. Keepin’ it real.
- Proper sportsmanship is always a requirement.
- So is fun!!!
Latest posts by Alex Robertson (see all)
- Help Recess Cleveland win a $2500 grant with 60 seconds of your time - February 26, 2018
- Play Bubble Soccer on Ice Thursday’s at Wade Oval Rink - January 29, 2018
- What’s Fun in Cleveland this week? Bubble Soccer on Ice at Wade Oval, of course. - February 14, 2017