From ancient civilizations comes the game of tug-of-war, a rope-pulling gladiator-style contest of strength that also happens to be a load of fun.
- Divide the field into two with a center line and two winning lines about ten feet from either side of the center line.
- Measure the center point of a long, thick rope and mark it with tape, a flag or a marker. The center of the rope should sit directly over the center line.
- Two teams line up and take the rope. Both teams should have the same amount of people, and the first person holding the rope for each team should be exactly the same distance from the center. It helps to put your strongest humans in the back.
- Everybody pull. The stronger side will begin to pull the rope towards itself. The first team to be able to pull the rope far enough that the rope’s center line crosses the nearest winning line is the winner of the game.
- Proper sportsmanship is always a requirement.
- So is having fun!!
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Alex Robertson (see all)
- Help Recess Cleveland win a $2500 grant with 60 seconds of your time - February 26, 2018
- Play Bubble Soccer on Ice Thursday’s at Wade Oval Rink - January 29, 2018
- What’s Fun in Cleveland this week? Bubble Soccer on Ice at Wade Oval, of course. - February 14, 2017