Zorbs have had a major impact on humans’ ability to damage our own dignity by giving us the opportunity to cover our bodies in what is essentially bubble-wrap and air cushions and act like ancient gladiators. Add the skills of playing a typical match of the “other football” and you have a hilarious game of Bubble Soccer.
The rules are just like any typical soccer game, you’re just carrying a giant air-filled casing on your body and getting too close to opponents will result in a dramatic back-off bounce. Goals are even fewer than in “real” soccer, penalties cannot be avoided so they don’t really count, and time out laughing a lot is far more prevalent than time actually kicking the ball around:
- The pitch is set up like any other soccer pitch – two goals at the end and a center court where the ball is kicked off into play.
- We recommend a minimum 6 players with proper shoes and a giant Zorb.
- Two players battle for the kick to start the game. Once the ball is in play, all players come in.
- Goals are scored when a player is able to kick the ball into the opposing team’s net.
- Of course there’s no hands, but when half of you is stuck in a Zorb, your hands aren’t getting near the ball anyway.
- Offside doesn’t really count either. The Zorbs are enormous, making it nearly impossible to even see an offside.
- Since two of the most important rules of “real” soccer have been eliminated, Bubble Soccer is perfect for people who don’t know how or have never played soccer before.
- Proper sportsmanship is always a requirement.
- So is fun!!